Software as a Service (SaaS) Solutions
Traditionally, infrastructure investments in enterprise level hardware and setup time have made laboratory information management system implementation a major undertaking.
PDS was the first preclinical software company to develop a licensing plan that not only makes our software affordable to even the most modest budgets, but delivers value far beyond simply providing excellent software. SaaS is a smart solution to a conventional problem.
Here Is How It Works
- You enter an individual system usage subscription agreement to lease access to PDS software
- PDS provides a turnkey system — a completely installed and configured MS Windows-based multiuser client platform
- PDS provides individualized and complete database services from our GLP-certified and ISO-certified hosting center in Basel, Switzerland
- The total environment, including encrypted communications over a high-speed Internet connection, is secure, fully protected and, unlike other solutions, GLP-compliant and GLP-certified
PDS Offers the World’s Only GLP-Certified Hosting Solution
(The Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) is based on the OECD principles of GLP issued on 26th November 1997. The ordinance on Good Laboratory Practice (OGLP, SR 813.112.1) was issued on 18th May 2005 and enacted on 1st August 2005.)
- Instantaneous change and growth flexibility
- Rapid implantation into your laboratory workflow
- No upfront or long-term investments in software and hardware
- No lengthy and costly hardware infrastructure evaluation and acquisition cycles
- Minimal in-house IT requirements
- No database administration or additional data security requirements
- Hardware, software and controlled access operated and maintained by PDS personnel only
- No third parties or subcontracting of personnel
- Data protection under the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act — one of the strongest sets of data protection regulations in the world
- Legal certainty: You own your data and you always know where it’s hosted, which isn’t always the case with cloud-based solutions
- Flexible conversion options should you want to host your own system or seek a perpetual software license
SaaS solutions are applicable to the entire Ascentos preclinical software solution.